Wednesday, April 30, 2008

laces

Did you know that there are more than 2 trillion ways to lace your shoes?! What? Who cares? Well I found this site today and thought it was pretty interesting. Someone had a little extra time and did all the math with a shoe that has 12 eyelets. You can go here, to learn the different ways.... I think i might try a couple. 
I think "old-school" shoes are pretty cool. I have a pair just like this that are blue with orange laces. I love them... and I'm glad i didn't throw them out the other day. 
There is something to be said about "second-hand" stores that relates well with this topic. Story: Just the other day my sister who is a great bargain shopper, found designer jeans at D.I. (that fit her and are mint condition) for only $6!!! The next day someone was talking to her and said they paid $180 for the exact same pair. wow. I'm a believer. (I just wish i found them first.)

The movie Juno has the greatest style. Everything is old-school and second-hand looking. And i think it makes the movie more real.

And look, Juno even has a funky pair of old shoes with crazy laces too.

No comments: