Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Field

This summer i worked out in the desert and mountains as a staff for troubled teens. we went backpacking/camping with them for a week at a time. It was a little intense sometimes. No cell phone or communication with the outside world, and only the things packed in your pack to last you the whole week. I loved working with the kids and being out in the great mother nature. I wouldn't trade that job for anything. i learned so much. I really miss it sometimes. But with the weather changing and the nights getting colder, i have to count my blessings for the fact that i can sleep a whole night through without waking up from the cold. Even some summer nights were chilly. I can't even imagine being out there in the winter!!! I hope they are all ok.

Aspen, Standing Bear and me

No comments: