Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Baby Heber


Wow, it's been quite the roller coaster over here! Heber is 9 days old today and we are improving leaps and bounds. I guess I never really realized how hard the beginning is. There is just so much to learn and adjust to, not to mention your body has been through the wringer and needs some time to heal. And baby Heber depends so much on us, it is nothing but humbling. Having a baby is probably one of the hardest things I've done in my life, but I would do it all over again and again just to have baby Heber here. He suddenly makes life so much more meaningful. 

Heber came three days early. My water broke Sunday morning. There were no contractions so we got our things together and took our time getting out the door. We ran a few errands and dropped some things off at people's homes for our callings. Finally when we checked in at the hospital I started to feel the contractions. Nothing too bad. Then a couple hours later I could hardly bare it. Got an epidural... best thing ever. Then we just waited a few more hours until I was far enough along to push. 45 minutes later I looked down and yelled to Eric, "it's a boy!" Probably the most amazing experience of my life. Oh Heber, it's so nice to finally meet you. 
And now we can't get enough of Heber James Williams. I might just kiss his face off. 
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

8 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Oh my heavens he is precious! Jenn you and Eric sure made a cute babe! It truly is amazing what you go through but it's all worth it for that little soul! love ya. Can't wait to meet him. :)

N+C said...

heber! I can't believe he's here! wahoooo!

Carrie B. said...

He is a good lookin' baby and you're a mom! Crazy!

Karalee said...

He is so beautiful Jenn. Congrats!

Whitehead Family Fun said...

Congrats! Nothing like holding that brand new baby it is something special especially when it is your own. He is adorable; love how you can see the Proctor in all of the kids.

WOODSIE said...

Can I have one little nibblet please

Ryan and Betsy Stromberg said...

Congrats again guys! He is just perfect:) I would love to come meet him!

Karin said...

He is darling, Jenn! I love your story too. What a neat experience being able to tell Eric he has a son. Congratulations!! I hope all is going well for you guys. Being a mom is the most rewarding and you're going to do great. We'll have to meet up in the fall and maybe I can help watch Handsome Heber.

Karin

PS. Heber, you have the best birthday EVER!!!